I moved to Berlin one year ago to make experimental games. In the past year I have made:
- Auscault: A facial recognition/biosignal piece using machine learning to allow you to play another person’s body as an instrument.
- Other Hands: A Virtual Reality experience expressing the permanence of a person’s virtual choices on their physical body.
- Closer, A co-operative computer vision game that uses two people’s moving bodies as a shared single controller.
- TexTiles: An award-winning pattern-matching game using a database of historically relevant textiles at the Wikimedia Free Knowledge Game Jam.
I do work in arts and music communities, my work includes:
- Founding Wyrd Arts Initiatives, a nationwide nonprofit dedicated to encouraging, documenting, and connecting creative expression across Canada.
- Serving as the Editor in Chief of Weird Canada, a website that celebrates and documents do-it-yourself, experimental, and emerging music, books, ideas, and art.
- Creating Drone Day, an international day for the celebration of drone music.