Closer is a game for two people: to start you must stand close together, and to succeed you must work together.
Closer uses a Kinect to track the movement of the players’ bodies, and draws a single shared playable character exactly at the space between the players, growing and shrinking with their proximity and moving as they move.
The players must navigate difficulties, win points, and avoid death together, as each player has equal control in the outcome of the game.
You may have played Closer at:
- A MAZE. (South Africa)
- ąяţǥąʍ€$ (Berlin, Germany)
- Incubate Arcade (Netherlands)
- Talk & Play (Berlin, Germany)
- Plan – B Activist Festival (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
- Beta Public (London, England)
- CodeMotion (Berlin, Germany)
- Girls Make Games (Berlin)
- Women Who Code (Berlin)
- PLAY Creative Gaming Festival (Hamburg, Germany)
- 33rd Chaos Communication Congress (Hamburg, Germany)
Let me know if you want to play!
Here’s a video of the first prototype.